Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall joins and wrapping

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I'm trying to get into Archicad, I have some knowledge in Revit, and I guess trying to work in Archicad as I did in Revit is holding me back.

I have a basic question here, I understood the building materials concept and see it as an invaluable tool. But the wall joins/cleanups in Archicad doesn't work as I need. I'd like to say that the reference lines are OK and intersecting in these walls.

I have 2 types of walls here, the thicker one is a concrete wall with plaster around it, the thinner wall is a wall block with same plaster around.

You see here because that Archicad doesn't wrap the finish layers at the end, the gypsum layers don't fillet. If I raise the gypsum plaster's priority it brings problems in other joints (like the T junction right above corner 1).

I couldn't apply wall end tool in these corners. Also about wall end tool, for example in case 4, I have to apply wall end tool (I guess) to sort this out, but the wall end tool works back (negative direction) from the wall end point, I wish it to add to wall to match the adjacent wall's plaster layer. Is this possible?

Thank you, I hope I could express my problems clearly.

Emre.

wall-ends.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Please see if this helps:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=234454

So basically you would create a custom Column profile for each of those problematic intersections and place a Column with that profile.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Please see if this helps:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=234454

So basically you would create a custom Column profile for each of those problematic intersections and place a Column with that profile.
Thank you I will look into it, really interesting workaround. To be honest, I didn't expect to face a need for such a workaround at this early level in Archicad.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Because you just jumped in the middle of it.

Anyway, I think you will find that both ARCHICAD and Revit do certain things better than the other. (Overall ARCHICAD is better in my opinion.)
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I too think Archicad has better features than Revit, but this wall cleaning thing should be a basic stuff, especially with excellent "building materials" system. Similar corners will be repeated over and over in our huge project. I hope they sort these out soon.