cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

What happened at AC10 to wall extras, moldings and etc

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Friends,
We was using AC9 and there was wall extras wizard we create easliy base crowns and moldings. But we pass to AC10 now we cant create this elements. What is the problem in your opininon? is there any add on or any else?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you'll find it in the goodies section of the help menu - it's a downloadable addon now, I think
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you for your reply. but you cannot draw as a wall. you can add them as a library object. At AC9 you were drawing as wall line etc...
Djordje
Ace
You mean Wall Accessories?

They have been discontinued in the favour of the new Custom Profile walls.

Try it ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
__archiben
Booster
Djordje wrote:
They have been discontinued in the favour of the new Custom Profile walls.

Try it ...
my opinion: don't. complex/custom wall profiles can in no way replace the intelligence of the wall accessories - regardless of how bad the accessories were in the first place.

the wall accessories can now be downloaded as 'goodies' from the help menu - this means that they couldn't be bothered to make them work with the new wall geometry so relegated them to the "provided as is", use-at-your-peril junkyard of good ideas gone sour.

make sure that you download the accessories library as well as the accessories add-on. additionally you should look at the cadimage accessory tools as a similar, yet superior, system for accessorising your building elements.

graphisoft have concentrated on giving us 'dumb' custom wall profiles based on extruded fills instead of developing proper parametric assemblies for our building elements. two steps forward and another three back.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
two steps forward and another three back.

~/archiben
Ben you are a great asset to the development of the Software. I Hope GS listens to you with all ears. I also hope that they can make forward progress on most of your concerns. Maybe they can give us discounts on CadImage Add-ons???