Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Where are the curtains? NOT curtain walls

lagodue
Newcomer
I seem to remember a library part from an earlier release that was a true window curtain, with tie-back, pleats, etc., but can't find it anywhere.

I have the textures library with many curtain choices, but these are paste-ons, with opaque color between curtain sides that should be transparent. Pretty much useless.

Any help out there?
"Bob" - Church of the Sub-Genius
Graphisoft afficionado since 1993
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
Actually, those curtain textures [gdlcentral.com free download - same as old 20th Anniversary Special Edition CD] work fine when used correctly ... with an alpha mask to make the middle transparent. They are 'cutouts'. Apply them to a parapict object (search forum) or to a small wall that is otherwise invisible.

(They are most easily, and graphically, applied and manipulated dynamically, in programs such as Piranesi or Artlantis.)

AFAIK, the 'real' curtain objects (polygonal) were written by Oleg Schmidt and are for sale at objectsonline (or somewhere?). I don't know that real curtains have ever been part of the delivered library (?).

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB