BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Where is Graphisoft?

Brett Brown
Advocate
What really annoys me about the yearly new tools is that we have all these questions on them and now the new stair tool, by power users and god help the novice user, and not one response from Graphisoft.

Why can't one of the Graphisoft developers answer these questions? Think how much time would be saved by all users around the world when trying to use the new tools every year and making it more informative and not frustrating.

I appreciate the time Barry and other moderators spend in answering many questions but as seen in the new Stair tool thread even they can't answer some. Where's Graphisoft staff in this thread and others.

This lack of Graphisoft interaction has been a theme since Archicad was born.

This forum is the main teaching tool for new and existing users and for Graphisoft not to participate is detrimental to all users. Why is this?

Sort of a continuing trend where Graphisoft have no interest in ordinary users wishes. How long have we been asking for the simple thing of a Fill in the beam tool. Just imagine the hours wasted by users doing work arounds. Just not good enough.

Is this because they don't care about the individual user? Most large firms (which this software is mainly aimed at) have there own IT person who can answer there staffs questions, but the individual is left with there reseller who can take days for an answer and more importanly here.

And lets face it the answers here by the Power users are quicker and more to the point, and others users can see the answer and learn something. Also the forum is searchable. I would have thought Graphisoft would have been in here boots and all because that would help users better and of course sales as well.

I don't think it should be left only to the likes of Barry and others who I assume are donating there valuable time to help others.

Love to hear your opinions on Graphisoft's interaction with the average user base and there lack of representation here. I do acknowledge some minor Graphisoft interaction in the mainly technical areas but surely they are the ones who should be leading the teaching of the software especially here.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
12 REPLIES 12
DGSketcher
Legend
They do pop up on a regular basis when here are bugs or significant issues to address, but I can usually find answers not available on the forum at this excellent GS resource...

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/tips/
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Brett,

Since ARCHICAD-Talk's inception this is the way it worked.
GRAPHISOFT maintains the Forums but this is still a User Forum where users help other users. GRAPHISOFT never said they would be answering questions.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Brett Brown
Advocate
Laszlonagy,

I do believe it is 2017 and its way over time for a change in Graphisofts whole outlook on communicating with users wouldn't you agree?

Prime example has been the stair and railing tools. From previous posts from you telling us that the development of these new tools take years to make and implement. So the video department have had that long to get tutorial videos out for the new tools on annoucement day. We are now 10 weeks after that date and still nothing on the railing tool or more comprehensive videos on the stair tool.

From a users point of view I think it has been appalling. This is the time to get new users to invest in the new version and existing users who aren't on a subscription to invest in the upgrade. The way this has been handled is not a good look and Cadimage's stair and railing tools are good enough for me.

I must congratulate Cadimage for there tools which have made Archicad a pleasure to use. There Coverings and Keynote tools should have been taken over and intergrated into Archicad years ago so that every user can experience there huge time saving abilities. Yet another poor decision by Graphisoft.

For such an advertised leader in Architectual software, I can't believe how poorly the company is run through all areas.
Bruce
Expert
...and their Door+Window builder: a fantastic tool
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I can't speak for other places, but in the Netherlands there is an upgrade course every year for the new release. It is free of charge for those on the yearly upgrade subscription and being offered by the reseller. There are multiple dates, two locations (which is plenty for a country as tiny as ours) and it is offered right around the release of our localisation.

The course generally takes an afternoon, ussually depending on how big an upgrade the new version is.

Personally I wait until after this course to take the plunge on the new versions and even then sometimes a bit longer if it is a very major update (like ArchiCAD 17 most recently) with a shift in how things work and behave.

This might not directly be Graphisoft, but it is their official reseller doing this.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Brett wrote:
Laszlonagy,

I do believe it is 2017 and its way over time for a change in Graphisofts whole outlook on communicating with users wouldn't you agree?
I don't know, this would mean GRAPHISOFT HQ is supposed to answer the questions of the 70000+ members of ARCHICAD-Talk? Or, if they answer some, why don't they answer the others? I would rather have them focus on the development of the program. Local resellers are supposed to support users, I think you too can contact your local reseller with questions.

Prime example has been the stair and railing tools. From previous posts from you telling us that the development of these new tools take years to make and implement. So the video department have had that long to get tutorial videos out for the new tools on annoucement day. We are now 10 weeks after that date and still nothing on the railing tool or more comprehensive videos on the stair tool.
These 2 things are not really related like that. Maybe they were developed for years, but even in the beta period, much user feedback was received from beta testers and even in the later phases of beta there were changes to these tools and their User Interface based on those feedbacks. Tutorials clips can be created only after all this is finished.

The following Stair clips are already on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnXY6vLUwlWWIb70Jj3kq1o4dY9ZVuEWh

More are coming and Railing clips are also coming soon.

But Brett, until then, if you have any concrete questions about the Stair or Railing Tool, please ask and I will try to answer it if I can.
Brett Brown
Advocate
Laszo,

You are missing the point. The thread is about Graphisofts handling of the Announcement etc of the new version and the explanations of how the new tools work and the time it has taken to publish tutorial videos.

Its not about me or resellers and I know 99% of users here are intelligent enough to find published content on there own. Its about the lack of published content and communication we are talking about.

When a new version of any software is released, Company's can't wait to explain how it works to there existing and potential new clients. Except one Graphisoft.

There is no reason why in the first few weeks of release Graphisoft staff should have been answering questions especially as they knew how long it would be to publishing tutorial Videos.

When I invest in the best software I expect the best support. Graphisoft is sadly wanting in this area as explained.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Ok, the original post was about GRAPHISOFT's participation on this forum.
But I understand the point you are making.
Learn and get certified!