BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

White fills are grey

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I desperately need some help!

I need to set some fills to white so that they show as white in elevation, so I've changed the surface colour to white, but for some reason they're showing as grey. What have I missed?

Its not to do with Automatic Pen Color Visibility Adjustment for Model Views, I've checked than and it's not on. Also, as you can see from the attached, one fill (the roof) is showing as white, whereas the brickwork is showing as grey. The fill colour for both of these is exactly the same.

I've also tried physically printing it to see if it is an on screen issue, but it's printing exactly as is on screen......

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 19.06.55.png
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Surface color only has to do with 3D views. Fills in 2D views have a foreground and a background color.

But, in this case, it appears that your elevation has 'sun shadows' enabled - and a 25% gray (or similar) fill set as the sun shadow fill. Just disable sun shadows for your elevation... or if you want shadows, change the elevation's sun location to illuminate more of that elevation. These settings are all part of the elevation (or section) tool settings for the view you're showing.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
You're a superstar, thank you
Learn and get certified!