Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Zone Categories & GUID

Anonymous
Not applicable
In AC17 do zone categories have a GUID?
If so how do I find it?
6 REPLIES 6
David Maudlin
Rockstar
gford:

The Zone Stamps have GUIDs, they can be viewed by using the Open Object by Subtype... command and selecting the specific Zone Stamp.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
Zone_Stamp_GUID.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
gdford
Advisor
Thank you for the response David.
Yes I am aware that the zone stamp has a GUID. Typically in a relational database, data such as the Zone Category would exist in a separate table and be related to the Zone Stamp by a Unique ID. Various Zone Categories can be assigned to a Zone Stamp so I assume each Zone Category has a Unique ID. It is the Unique ID for an individual Zone Category that I am looking for. I assume this would be a GUID.
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The Zone Category is an Attribute type, so internally it is identified primarily by index number.
If you go to the Attribute Manager you can see the index numbers of Zone Categories.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
gdford
Advisor
Thanks Laszlo,
I suspected that was the case.
Is there any thought around Graphisoft about moving away from indexing attributes by record position and toward using a Unique ID? This would solve issues in coordinating attributes during the merging of models.
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
That I think is a pretty technical question.
I really don't know.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
David Maudlin
Rockstar
gdford wrote:
Is there any thought around Graphisoft about moving away from indexing attributes by record position and toward using a Unique ID? This would solve issues in coordinating attributes during the merging of models.
I think this is very similar to the problem created by the same materials in different files having different index numbers. If you search the forum you will find posts about this issue and a few workarounds. Probably the solution is to move away from index numbers for all attributes, but that cannot be done easily, I don't remember if Graphisoft has addressed this issue in the forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14