cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Zone stamp - Custom Text

ACW
Participant

I’ve come across something I haven’t been able to solve, nor find an answer online.

• In the zone selection settings, Under Settings, Under Content, it allows you to input Custom Text with 3 rows of selectable text
    • ACW_0-1723496013359.png

• In the Label Selection Settings, Under Symbol Label Custom Settings, Under Content, there isn’t a selection to show those lines of Custom Content.
    • ACW_1-1723496013360.png

• There isn’t a check box for the Custom Text, nor is it included in the Classification and Properties selection.
    • Where or what needs to be done to show the Custom Text??

Thank you for your time,

ROBERT H.J. AKINS

Akins CADD Works, llc

CASTLE ROCK, CO  80104

www.ACW.red

Operating system used: Windows 11

Graphisoft provided an answer:

The ‘Custom Text’ fields are legacy features from earlier versions of Archicad, predating the introduction of the Properties feature and they are not able to be used in labels. While they remain available for continuity, I recommend transitioning away from their use. A more effective approach is to create custom properties using the Property Manager. After the properties are created, you can change their values in the Classifications & Properties section of the Zone tool settings, or even in schedules.

The key advantage of using properties is their ability to be scheduled and utilized in labels, offering greater flexibility and functionality. Additionally, properties support various data types beyond simple text strings, such as numbers, integers, area, length, angle, volume, and even true/false values. This flexibility allows you to tailor properties to specific project needs. For instance, you can create dropdown menus with pre-filled options using the ‘Option Set’ data type, which can be useful for setting finish types in Zone schedules.

Another benefit is the ability to add a Name and descriptions to properties, guiding users on how to assign values correctly. These descriptions are visible when hovering over the property name, providing helpful context directly within the tool settings. In contrast, when using ‘Custom Text’ values, users must remember what each field is intended for, which can lead to confusion and inconsistencies throughout the project.

For detailed instructions on how to create new properties, please refer to the following guide:

If you need further clarification, please let us know if you'd like to schedule a [Graphisoft Advisor Session]. We're here to help and look forward to your response.

Kind Regards,

Jan Millán
Senior Customer Success Manager
Graphisoft

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

There doesn't seem to be any custom text fields in the label, but you could use the properties.

Create a property and associate it to zones and then activate it in the label.

Of course you enter the values in the zone properties rather than the label.

Or you could create your own autotext label using autotext for the zone name, area, etc., and then add your own custom text.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Barry Kelly

There doesn't seem to be any custom text fields in the label, but you could use the properties.

Create a property and associate it to zones and then activate it in the label.

Of course you enter the values in the zone properties rather than the label.

Or you could create your own autotext label using autotext for the zone name, area, etc., and then add your own custom text.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author