Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Zones- Graphicly & Charts

Anonymous
Not applicable
So heres another one:

I want to

1. Show my Zones in plan with my areas showing rom by room.

2. Show my room areas in a chart/schedule

3. Have the areas by the same in the schedule and in the floor plan

My conundrum My areas in my plans will not match areas in my schedules. I want my MEASURED areas to show in both places, no where ever do I want to see this CALCULATED area. I have turned off all the settings in the project preferences. What else do I have to do? the schedule is showing me the measured value, the plan is not.
Save me.
Please see the PDFs in the drop box folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uwu7calx43ae2i3/Post%20for%20zone%20question.pdf
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
As far I as know, Zone Stamp objects are scripted in various ways. Some are scripted to display the measured area, some are scripted to display the calculated area, and some may be scripted to offer a choice of what you want displayed.
You should check the various Zone Stamps in your library to see what they offer.
E. g. in the "Zone Stamp_1 17" object, you have a "Define Order" parameter and if you enable that you can define what values will appear in the Zone Stamp, and you can select either the Measured Area or the Calculated Area to be displayed in the Zone Stamp.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
ooooooooh. . . . ok I'll look into that too, thank you.
So far we fixed the issue by changing a million different things in a million settings all over archicad, i.e wall settings, zone settings, project settings etc.
sounds like you have a much easier way.
It took us most of the day to find all teh settings to change, and I was thinking there MUST be a better way, and wondering how in the world we were going to remember all those places we changed all those settings to get those numbers to be the same. Wholey moley.
Thanks, I'll let you know if you'r suggestion was the answer we were looking for all along. Which would be to show the measured area in plan and in chart, not to have to figure out how to make the calculated are be the same as the measured area. (Which is what we did) Duh! Oh well.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!