cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

can you trim a roof to a wall?

Anonymous
Not applicable
simple as, is it possible to trim the roof to the wall?
in my picture one end of the roof width is thinner than the mid section, i was thinking of making the roof the widest width then trimming it to the wall if it is possible?
any help would be great

house.jpg
13 REPLIES 13
Thomas Holm
Booster
SEO, roof target, wall operator, subtract.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can use the Split command, but this will be a continuous split in one line only (no zigging and zagging to follow wall direction if they vary)
Stuart Atkinson
Participant
Unless i am missing something obvious, why don't you just add a couple of extra nodes to the roof edge and adjust the width in the floor plan (including adding the curve)?.

Cheers
Stu
Anonymous
Not applicable
sorr for sounding dumb but what is seo? select each object?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Solid Element Operations

In the design drop down menu
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The basic difference between Trimming a Wall to a Roof and using a SEO (with the Wall as Target, Roof as Operator, the action being Subtract with Upward Extrusion) is the with the Trim to Roof the Trim will stay where it got generated even when you move the Roof higher for example. With SEO, they are associated so if you move the Roof, the Wall Trim changes accordingly.
You need to decide which of the two methods fits your particular purpose better.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
The question was about trimming the roof to the wall, Laszlo.

Easy mistake to make.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
s2art wrote:
The question was about trimming the roof to the wall, Laszlo.

Easy mistake to make.
True, but KRAY345 asked about SEO so I thought I might point out this to him thinking if he does not know what SEO is he may not know the use of SEO versus Trimming (Or maybe he knew, he just did not know the word SEO )
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Thomas Holm
Booster
laszlonagy wrote:
True, but KRAY345 asked about SEO
He's simply one of the guys who find it easier to post a question than to do a search in the forum or check the Help files. Sometime I think we (me included) are too eager to help. These users will be better off in the long run if they learn to find and read the easy help sources themselves.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1