Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

cannot edit / select text - setting?

Anonymous
Not applicable
i must have hit a setting or something because i can not edit a text box.

i used to just double click a text box and it would activate and i could change it.

now i cant even select it unless i click a corner, or draw a selection box over it.

thanks for the help!
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I hold the space bar down, then click to select the text. Or turn the on the Quick Select button. It looks like a magnet. You can select more than one text at a time using the shift button while you select the text.

After you have selected the text, then to edit the text, press the text button to activate the command. Click on the text again, and the text edit dialogue should pop up.

This also works with labels and dimensions.

Hope this helps.

Jeff
Anonymous
Not applicable
My guess would be the Quick Select button too (magnet). Available when Select tool is active. See image - mine is ON.

Tip: An easy way to edit multiple text entities is to activate the Text tool and Select All (CMD-A or CTRL-A) and just change the ones you want. It doesn't matter that other text is selected but does not get edited.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Or did you accidentally put on the grid snap?
View>Grid Snap
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
jballar wrote:
I hold the space bar down, then click to select the text. Or turn the on the Quick Select button. It looks like a magnet. You can select more than one text at a time using the shift button while you select the text.

After you have selected the text, then to edit the text, press the text button to activate the command. Click on the text again, and the text edit dialogue should pop up.

This also works with labels and dimensions.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

I was about to throw the monitor off the window all day I was with the magnet off (by mistake of course) and you know...

thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same problem and it turned out to be the quickselect! Thank you, such a relief! I didn't actively press the button so any ideas why it was on? Also my zoom / scroll bars disappeared along the bottom and right hand side. I had to open a previously saved version of the drawing. Do you think I've got a bug?
Thanks