cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

cranked beam connection

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have two identical beams, one level and one angled but they don't join properly.

am i missing something? or maybe there's a workaround?

TIA

cranked-beam.gif
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
They join properly, if you set cutting angles properly!
Anonymous
Not applicable
And for the leveled one:
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the reply. i found the Beam object after but i was using the Beam Tool in my example above and thought that it would be able to join automatically, much like Walls in plan view.

what if i want to use the Beam Tool and a custom profile? is there a way to join cleanly without SEOs or other workarounds? or is there a way to apply a custom profile to a Beam object?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Derek wrote:
what if i want to use the Beam Tool and a custom profile? is there a way to join cleanly without SEOs or other workarounds?
NO
Derek wrote:
or is there a way to apply a custom profile to a Beam object?
YES. You can select the right icon to aply a custom profile to a Beam. But the joint is still not clean.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks again for the reply but i'm still not quite there
andro55 wrote:
You can select the right icon to aply a custom profile to a Beam. But the joint is still not clean.
so in your example, can i apply a Custom Profile in addition to adjusting the cutting angles?

from my attempts i can either use the Object Tool to place a beam like in your example, and now i can adjust the cutting angles, but i can't apply a Custom Profile.

or i can use the Beam Tool to apply a Custom Profile to a beam but then there is no way of adjusting the cutting angles like in your example.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can do this way:
1. use Object Tool to place a beam and adjust the cutting angles, but you can't apply a Custom Profile (only available in the library)

2. use the Beam Tool to apply a Custom Profile to a beam but then there is no way of adjusting the cutting angles without SEO.

3. If you must use yours Custom Profile use the WALL tool (polyline 2 segments) and apply the custom profile to it to have clean joint. Select the wall and SAVE it as an OBJECT in to Embedded Library. Insert that new object in floor plan. Now you have to use the object "Rotator.gsm" (download it from Object Depository) to rotate that new created object (wall) in vertical position.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks very much for confirming.