Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

curtain wall scheme

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I really have a headache of how doing this simple scheme in
the curtain wall
what parametrs do I need to put?

section7.jpg
10 REPLIES 10
pilgonico wrote:
Hi

I really have a headache of how doing this simple scheme in
the curtain wall
what parametrs do I need to put?
It depends.
What are we looking at?

Is that a single custom panel or a sketch of the whole curtain wall design scheme? Materials? Connections?

Unfortunately the drawing you provided doesn't give enough information to enable people to help you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

it is very simple...look again at the drawing
think the height is 3m tall
and the wide is 4m...I need to draw a curtain wall polyline that keep
doing this pattern
but cant define the parameter
pilgonico wrote:
Hi

it is very simple...look again at the drawing
think the height is 3m tall
and the wide is 4m...I need to draw a curtain wall polyline that keep
doing this pattern
but cant define the parameter
I hope I'm not the only one, but I still don't get it.

I would also hope that you don't design buildings or design in general with this same approach of descriptiveness.

Not to get preachy or anything, but Design is supposed to be all about clarity and conveying information in a sufficient enough manner that would enable other people and other parties to correctly be able to interpret those drawings even when you're not there in person to explain every single detail.

Imagine you're trying to describe this to a Curtain wall manufacturer or a Consultant via email and all you can do is send him sketches or drawings and notes to help him understand what you want to do. Are you really confident that the image you've provided would be enough to help him get what you're trying to say or do?

All I'm able to get with the most recent information you've given is that you have a facade or elevation that is 3m high and 4 m long and you're trying to create a curtainwall with a panel unit that is of the same pattern as the one you've just drawn. (or at least that's what I think you mean; the only other interpretation would be that the panel itself is in 3x4 m units, which would be ludicrous).

The problem again with this latest description is that we still know nothing about the panel itself other than how it's presumably supposed to look (and you don't do yourself any favours by saying "it is very simple" ;- don't forget that I, nor anyone else, really, is not in your head and we can't see what you're imagining it is without your help in describing it to us better).
What are the dimensions of the panel and/or how do you want it to repeat on a 3x4m wall?

Lastly, I get the sense that you don't entirely understand how the curtain wall tool works (again, this might be something lost in translation with your post). But the Polyline you use to define the Curtain Wall boundary (in Floor plan) has nothing to do with the scheme that defines how it looks (in Elevation or 3D window), nor how the panels repeat or are organized.

I think you should consult either the ArchiCAD help files or the online Wiki (or better yet, see the online YouTube videos if they're still available) to see how a Curtain Wall is created at a basic level, before going delving into more complex things like how to create a custom panel - which is what I think you're really after.

I, nor anyone else here can really explain to you how to create and deploy a custom panel if you don't understand the basics of how to create a Curtain Wall in the first place.
Eduardo Rolon
pilgonico,

Lets see if this helps, though you should read about Curtain Walls to see how it works
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Base Wall
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Select the ones that you need to remove and delete them.
Screen shot 2011-06-24 at 9.37.49 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Result.
Screen shot 2011-06-24 at 9.38.33 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator