Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

how to keep view settings...

aahatimo
Newcomer
is there a way to keep current view settings when toggling, on screen, from window to window? or is it mandatory to use navigator when changing views & keeping view settings. if i am working on a detail, then select flr plan, the floor plan changes from its original view setting to the detail setting.
should this be a "keep window settings" wish? or am i missing something?
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
The layers, display options, etc. are global settings so you have to use the views rather than the project map to switch the settings.

What you describe would require that each window has its own layer settings etc. This might be rather difficult as the program is presently organized.

On the other hand, it would be a natural part of the proposal I put in the wish list as "New working environment": http://www.graphisoft.com/community/archicad-talk/viewtopic.php?t=864

If each drawing had its own window independent of the model editing views, it would be a simple matter for each of those windows to have independent layer and display settings.
Anonymous
Not applicable
it seems to fit here...

is there any chance to set 'plan' or 'section' window default size to MAX somewhere in windows registry or somewhere else. i have replaced older 15" with 17" monitor. somehow ac has kept the working window size from the 15" and i have to max window size every time i start ac. i have win2000pro.
Djordje
Ace
kalev35 wrote:
it seems to fit here...

is there any chance to set 'plan' or 'section' window default size to MAX somewhere in windows registry or somewhere else. i have replaced older 15" with 17" monitor. somehow ac has kept the working window size from the 15" and i have to max window size every time i start ac. i have win2000pro.
You should not have to; it should remember the winow sizes and positions when the file is saved.

Anyway - maxing any of the windows in ArchiCAD (as it stands now) is IMHO counterproductive. It is MUCH better to max the resolution, and get as big a monitor as possible (condolences to working ona 15"!!! ) or, since 8.x, two of them, as THAT is the only way to gain the workspace.

Which ArchiCAD, BTW? Please always include the version and OS data ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
it is AC50 i use on Win2000Pro. i still think that ver50 and 51 are the best
... the thing is that the program window maximizes on new 17" as it did on 15", but it does not maximize project working window (plan/cut) as it does on 15" (i did try this out afterwards). as i understand the problem is somewhere in win reg..
Dwight
Newcomer
With all due respect, I'm a little astonished to hear that you are using such an old version of ArchiCAD. Have you not found the amazing new features to your liking?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
With all due respect, I'm a little astonished to hear that you are using such an old version of ArchiCAD. Have you not found the amazing new features to your liking?
it is all about working and getting drawings done in time! i have tried all of the following versions - time goes to changing between panes and such
- for example look at object properties window on 50 and 60. now count how many times you have to click your mouse button! what parameters can you control at once by looking at. do not forget, eye is the most quick organ you have when working on CAD.
- and then there is 'find' menu that has turned plain crazy! where is work efficiency? you have to spend most of your time clicking and browsing different menus to get things done.
- new features? newer versions have some good options, but for that you have to fool around with your pointer
- you have to pay to spend more time for getting nothing done - is that the new release policy at graphisoft? (if you compare versions)
i think there are no architects at product develope team.

do not get me wrong - the Graphisoft's Archicad IS THE BEST THERE IS

is there any chance to solve the maximized 'plan'/'cut' window size by default at file open process?
Dwight
Newcomer
I don't take exception to your observations, except to note that while there are many more parameters for windows, they did give us "favorites" to save object parameters once set up.

Same with the find dialog. Did you know that by option-clicking on any element its qualities will go directly to an open find and select dialog? Sweet. Soon, you've built up a few useful arrays of selection criteria and that makes it easy.

I agree that the newer versions need more training and management effort, but that, coupled with such smooth navigation in 3D, makes the new versions of ArchiCAD vast improvements on version 5.1, that did have elegance.

You aren't related to Adalbert are you?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
why is this - editing in 3d window - i use elevation window to move objects around! 3d window editing is the most stupid thing, that i know to use with drawing creation! on the other hand this is unique feature and should be mentioned any way...

it is good to have new options with new releases, but why to leave good options behind?
i use find menu to edit all different type of objects there are - i find more convenient to mark a box rather to have to make a default find thingie! the parameters you might want to sort/find the objects next time are not the same for sure as you have selected them earlier - stupid find menu is one of the reasons i do not use newer versions of AC (i use 8.1 for converting files! ).

no, i am not related to Adalbert

and back to topic
is there any way to get plan and elev windows maximized by default (like there is 'special' menu option in win registry)
Karl Ottenstein
kalev35 wrote:
and back to topic
is there any way to get plan and elev windows maximized by default (like there is 'special' menu option in win registry)
Surely you are joking? Why would Graphisoft add a feature to version 5.0? Do you know any manufacturer that adds new features to old versions of their software ... particularly a version that is so many years old?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB