Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

how to make terracotta cladding

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe there's aready something around, but since I'm new to AC, which is the best way to make terracotta cladding (like the one used by NBK, Renzo Piano etc?) for exteriors walls?
I'm thinking about making a new wall finishing, but can be also a modular element (more complex, I think).

Any indication? Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
When it's all about 3D visualization I can post some textures in the GDL Object Depository. If you want '2D representation' as well (elevations f.e.) then you'll need modular elements...

Just let me know
Anonymous
Not applicable
please do
Anonymous
Not applicable
Available as from now...
You're welcome
Dwight
Newcomer
Instead of mapping a picture, why not try making this with the LightWorks Shaders directly?

The pattern and color can be input directly. See attached
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight,

I agree.
I also think new AC users will find the use of textures more comprehensive to start with...
This way you get the textures in OpenGL as well, very attractive - SketchUP like 🙂
pbartoli wrote:
Maybe there's aready something around, but since I'm new to AC, which is the best way to make terracotta cladding (like the one used by NBK, Renzo Piano etc?) for exteriors walls?
I'm thinking about making a new wall finishing, but can be also a modular element (more complex, I think).

Any indication? Thanks.
Have you checked out Cadimage Tools Accessories' wall cladding? Maybe that will work for you...
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System