Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

i have to update from 10 to 11 ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi , i want to know , if i have to update my archicad 10 to version 11 , as i have seen some posts here ,from people who says that version 11 has too many bugs ( that version 10 doesnt have ) ,so users of version 11 ,do you recomend to update to version 11 ?or may be have to wait until version 12 shows ,some guys say , V12 will have most important changes plk

thanks

imacG5 , RAM 1.5 GB ,archcad ,9,,version 10
13 REPLIES 13
Dwight
Newcomer
In view of the fact that V12 should be along in just a few months, you would be updating twice in short order.

You should wait.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes , i think so, thanks Mr Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
In view of the fact that V12 should be along in just a few months, you would be updating twice in short order.

You should wait.
i forgot to menttion , ill have to pay both updates 11 & 12 anyway, or only 12 ?
Dwight
Newcomer
3djunior wrote:
Dwight wrote:

You should wait.
i forgot to menttion , ill have to pay both updates 11 & 12 anyway, or only 12 ?
That depends on who you know.
Dwight Atkinson
TomWaltz
Participant
you will definitely pay for two upgrades, not just one. The price seems to vary year by year.

I did not think AC11 was any more buggy than any other version has been.
Tom Waltz
Thomas Holm
Booster
TomWaltz wrote:
you will definitely pay for two upgrades, not just one.
Unless there's some subscription option that covers the period. Check with your reseller.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Karl Ottenstein
A two-step upgrade will cost more than a one-step in North America.

AC 11 as of build 1114 is stable and usable and I would not hesitate to recommend it over AC 10 for the power and productivity of the additional features.

I was not that impressed with the new features of 11 on paper until I actually did a project with it. Big jump in productivity over 10, for me at least.

Even if 12 arrives in May/June, whatever 12 months from the 11 delivery works out to, if it follows in the footsteps of 10 and 11, you won't really want to use it until the first or second hotfix is released, so why not get productive with 11 in the meantime? I suppose the real cost would be the difference between two one-step upgrades and one two-step one...or signing up for 'subscription'...

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys ,thanks for all your comments, has been very usefull to me .
TomWaltz
Participant
Thomas wrote:
TomWaltz wrote:
you will definitely pay for two upgrades, not just one.
Unless there's some subscription option that covers the period. Check with your reseller.
There are subscriptions that cover two years, but not ones that you can buy retroactively. If this person were already on subscription, they would already have AC11.

You would have to upgrade to AC11 THEN buy a 2-year subscription (getting 12 and 13).
Tom Waltz