Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

index of pages in plotmaker

Anonymous
Not applicable
is there a way to set up a plotmaker index of pages that automatically updates and you may use from the insert autotext area. i have requests to have this on the front page of every document and it gets annoying to tye it all in. and sometimes when you type it all in the tabbing doesn't comeout right with the way it looks in the editing box so it is a pain. is there a way to set that up in the autotext?

if there is no way to set it up for this, how are you guys doing it?
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
jcude wrote:
is there a way to set up a plotmaker index of pages that automatically updates and you may use from the insert autotext area. i have requests to have this on the front page of every document and it gets annoying to tye it all in. and sometimes when you type it all in the tabbing doesn't comeout right with the way it looks in the editing box so it is a pain. is there a way to set that up in the autotext?

if there is no way to set it up for this, how are you guys doing it?
No, there is not an automated way to do what you are trying to achieve. Your best bet is to set up a Plotmaker Layout book template that has a preformatted textblock inserted on the cover sheet...just modify this textblock for each project.

For the type of work you do, your drawing index will probably be pretty much the same for all of your files.

Dan K
lagodue
Newcomer
I use a screen capture utility "Snag it" to copy the Drawing List from the Plotmaker Navigator window. It does not update automatically if I change the list, but better than nothin' to create a list of drawings for my cover sheet.
"Bob" - Church of the Sub-Genius
Graphisoft afficionado since 1993
Erika Epstein
Booster
related to this, something I have always wondered about :

When using publisher to plot a set of drawings, why does it rearrange the order of the drawings? They were alphanumerically arranged in navigator. What is the rationale behind this?

Granted, I usually make pdfs.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
__archiben
Booster
Erika wrote:
What is the rationale behind this?
i've always guessed at something to do with the order in which they're created - either as layouts or added to the publish set. it would be nice for graphisoft to come up with a little consistency when displaying their lists on screen.

have you ever tried navigating library hierarchies through the lightworks materials dialogues? or when choosing views to import from archiCAD viewsets when in plotmaker? and they've only just (v9) managed to list help menu items in the right order . . .

it's all over the show. nasty little things like that come across as kind of amateurish in my opinion . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Erika Epstein
Booster
~/archiben wrote:
i've always guessed at something to do with the order in which they're created - either as layouts or added to the publish set.
~/archiben
That occured to me, but then I am pretty sure the floor plan would have been first.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
__archiben
Booster
Erika wrote:
That occured to me, but then I am pretty sure the floor plan would have been first.
were the floor plan layouts added to the publish set first though? 'tis a mystery . . . and an ugly implementation to be sure. especially for us anally retentive architects who like our corners square, our lines straight and our lists ordered

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanx guys
Anonymous
Not applicable
jcude wrote:
... how are you guys doing it?
What we do is use a MS Word Document and Link to the tile sheet layout.

Each Job has a separate "DRAWING LEGEND.doc" in a folder called "Plotmaker". In my Plotmaker Template of sorts (Template 9.lbk) there was a linked "doc" that after saving the "template" was deleted. this way when the Template is used to start a job layout the linked file status is "Deleted". This way I know that I have to re-link the ".doc" to the current job doc. Clear?
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes there is way to do it...but it is clumsy and tedious....here we go....after you have made your sheets....select a view (as in view set)...and then right click..."set as autotext reference"....now on that layout place text.....and type xxx...now go edit this text...but instead "inserting autotext"...go directly to the edit menu above...you will see "Insert Autotext for %S"....select "Layout Number" tab "Layout Name"....that will give you the Number and Name for your drawing list....now cut and paste to your title sheet....do this for each sheet....tomorrow when I am not so tired I will post pictures...it does work...but it's a (pardon ladies) a bytch to manipulate later....