Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

low hanging fruit: problem with drafting fills

nancylee
Participant
Hi I just started using Archicad 20 and I can't get drafting fills to show up in elevation. I'm not doing anything fancy- just trying to get some brick hatch to show up on a CD elevation, and also trying to get a fill hatch to hide unwanted things in a view. Things I have done:
Drawing order-everything is set to front
Yes the layer is on
Yes the vector hatch is on
I've spent the last 2 hours looking for a solution and I've done other things, but nothing has worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tired to set the Fill Ben (background) fill to solid white?
nancylee
Participant
yes fill pen to solid white, no change. why is it the simplest things that will drive you crazy?
Barry Kelly
Is there maybe a Graphic Override affecting your elevation?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
HI,
The common problems i find with invisible backgrounds to fills are:

Trace reference, Transparent fills and zones setting
or
Renovation filter- transparent fills option
or
Graphical overrides

i hope this helps.
nancylee
Participant
Sorry for the delay, took a few days off to get the kids back in school. Ok, I don't know what I did, but the hatch is showing up now in the plotmaker book, but I still can't a fill hatch to hide things in the drafting window. Any more ideas?
When fills aren't displaying properly, this is where I usually look. Whether it's a drafting fill or cover fill can make a difference, too. Your reference to the Plotmaker Book is confusing. This was phased out many versions ago. We have Layouts now.
GO DBX.jpg
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
nancylee
Participant
Richard wrote:
Your reference to the Plotmaker Book is confusing. This was phased out many versions ago. We have Layouts now.
thank you Richard for your help, I will try that tonight. Please excuse the old "plotmaker" reference. I forgot what they are calling it now. I've been using archicad since 8 and old habits die hard.