Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

missing lines in elevations

Tom Krowka
Booster
I am missing lines at certain places in elevations. The model looks good, but at some intersections, no lines appear. Is this because elements do not perfectly align? I've tried going back into the drawing and adjusting things, to no avail.

Also, I get a line in the elevations where an interior wall intersects the exterior wall. Any way to eliminate that, without changing the justification on the wall?
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sometimes I find this happening for the following reasons: doubling up walls unintentionally, different heights of walls at the junction (base or top), or the 3D Model setting for the wall is not set to what is required.
I hope this helps.
Regards,
Anonymous
Not applicable
The 3d fill lines (such as siding or brick joints) will sometimes disappear when they happen to coincide with wall or slab edges that are cleaning up to each other.
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
I've had this happen when columns extend into the floor above. Also, sometimes a small piece of wall (unnoticed in plan view) is the culprit.

Steve
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Tom wrote:
I am missing lines at certain places in elevations. The model looks good, but at some intersections, no lines appear. Is this because elements do not perfectly align? I've tried going back into the drawing and adjusting things, to no avail.

Also, I get a line in the elevations where an interior wall intersects the exterior wall. Any way to eliminate that, without changing the justification on the wall?
Try re-JOINING the wall in plan... Although I usually find that at a T intersection, the walls may have trouble remembering the joint, it usually shows up in BOTH the 3d window and the elevation. (extra lines in colinear walls).

I also get INSIDE CORNER lines disappearing if say one side has a 2' wall on top of an 8' wall and the other side has a 3' wall on top of a 7' wall (or goes the full 10' in one wall)
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
lapishawaii
Participant
Here's one method for removing miscellaneous interior wall lines from the exterior model:

Set the control line for the exterior wall to the exterior face then trim the interior walls to the interior face. Since these wall types are usually different I find having the wall just touching each other much more acceptable than the unwanted exterior elevation lines.