cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

multi slabs

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to make something like that (picture below).

In short i need to make 7 slabs (10 cm thick, material concrete) and many walls, How can i proceed? Do you think i have to make (in archicad 13) 7 different floor?

thank you

esempio.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Nicola,

Was there a specific reason you wanted to use the slab tool?

I'd use an array of niches in a single wall. Place them using the window tool. Set the wall to 'projected', and 'show on all relevant stories'.

Hope that helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can use one wall and a few beams, located in a separate layer. If you set correctly intersection priorities, you will get immediately holes where beams intersect the wall.

+ FOR
. Compared to SEO, no management needed
. When the beams layer is hidden you can watch the result.
. If you group walls and beams they all move together even if one of the layers is hidden
. When the beams layer is shown, in elevation you can move the beams and organize and/or align them

- AGAINST
. Like SEO, there is no real plan view display. Any way a workaround can help : leave a row of beams on a visible layer, it will show holes contour, and stay linked to the real model
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would probably just make this out of one slab, save it as an object on it's side and put it infront of a wall
Karl Ottenstein
I'd probably use the curtainwall tool.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB