BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

new user door and window problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using 17, and struggling with the way archicad inserts doors and windows. Is there not a way to have doors insert a specific distance off of adjacent walls? I typically put the door jamb 4-1/2" off of an adjacent wall. If I use the 'distance' markers, they do not coincide with the adjacent wall and thus are useless. I am inserting the door moving it to the jamb then moving it back where I want it (a lot of steps). Also, I frequently use various door opening percentages. Is there not a way to have this as part of the info box to easily edit. I am now having to open the door dialog box, flip through to that section to change (lots of steps).

For windows I typically have 3-studs between multiple windows and am not sure how to do this. If I do individual windows the trim does not merge. If I try it as a ganged window, it does not show where mulled correctly. Is there a way to do this?

Any tips or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dogwood wrote:
I am using 17, and struggling with the way archicad inserts doors and windows. Is there not a way to have doors insert a specific distance off of adjacent walls? I typically put the door jamb 4-1/2" off of an adjacent wall. If I use the 'distance' markers, they do not coincide with the adjacent wall and thus are useless. ...

Any tips or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
You can set Special Snap Points to work Between Intersection Points, which would be a good start. See image below.

You can also place things relative to a known point as described in THIS THREAD (link) and many others on the forum. Be aware there are a few tricks for you Imperial users.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahaa! Thanks Stuart, that helps.
Learn and get certified!