Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

"Dynamic hotspots"?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just purchased the Professional Rendering DVD and in a lesson they use "dynamic hotspots" to adjust the corners of a window to make it fit the slope of a roof...however I have absolutely NO IDEA what they are talking about. There is nothing of the sort available to me on my program. Is there a place where you turn these on or something? I can definitely see the advantages to it and it would solve many more problems other than this tutorial.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
nevermind...i figured it out...however is there a way to do this with walls?
Djordje
Ace
Which Archicad?

If you select a window in 3D window, aren't there hotspots on the corners? What happens if you plase the cursor on one, and hold the left mouse button pressed?

A pet palette should come up and you should be able to choose the action ...

Check the manual.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. There are two separate ones on the top corners of the window and you can select the vertical or horizontal stretch button to change the pitch of a trapezoid window. This would be ideal if it could be used on walls as well. I cant seem to figure out if that is possible or not.
Djordje
Ace
aggie463 wrote:
Yes. There are two separate ones on the top corners of the window and you can select the vertical or horizontal stretch button to change the pitch of a trapezoid window. This would be ideal if it could be used on walls as well. I cant seem to figure out if that is possible or not.
It is.

The grouping has to be off. Grab a node on the reference line of the wall and change the lenght. Grab a top node and change height. Same pet palette.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, but will that work to create a trapezoid wall?

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!