Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

rotate beam profile

Anonymous
Not applicable
let me just provide a little info of what i'm talking about. the beam tool. Why is the rotate beam profile option greyed out? and no mention of it in the guide, but there it is as an option. i want to create purlins and this would be the easiest way i think. so how does one turn on this option?
wb
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
For whatever reason, Graphisoft only offers the profile rotation option for complex profiled beams, not for normal rectangular ones. Just use Profile Editor to create a rectangular profile corresponding to your desired member and select that with the beam tool...

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
PS Actually, the easiest way to create the profile for a rectangular beam is to draw a sample beam with the beam tool, then select it, and finally click on this command:

Design > Complex Profiles > Capture Profile of Selection

The cross section profile will be opened in Profile Editor with the type pre-set to Beam...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks Karl, sorry for the cryptic enquiry.
wb