cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

scalable line weights?

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi All,
I looked thru the AC help and also on line, and somewhat mysteriously can't find any leads on this...I usu. model at 1/4"=1'-0" (so it says in the lower left of my AC screen); my fonts size and line weights are set at this scale. When I change that to say, 1/2"=1'-0", the fonts will all change size appropriately, but the line weights stay...the same. I am looking for a way to make the lines print wider the more I increase my scale towards 1:1. What am I missing?
Cheers,
John
2 REPLIES 2
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
What you are missing are SCALABLE LINE WEIGHTS... AC doesn't have them!... I have two workarounds....

1. Print to PDF and reductions and enlargements from READER to printer will scale original lineweights..

2. Create PEN SETS for different scales (very tedius and time consuming)... and apply them to the different drawings in the LAYOUTING side of archicad.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
vfrontiers wrote:
What you are missing are SCALABLE LINE WEIGHTS
Hmmm, wouldn't these actually be NON-scalable lineweights since they don't change dimension? (Not sure...) In any event, I'm not sure that I would want these. I LIKE knowing that the heavy lines in plan I draw at 1/4" are going to have the same lineweights at 1/2", and won't turn into big blobs when I zoom in at 3". I've actually got a program that does this (Chief Architect) and it's a pain to have to set the likely printing scale at every new view when the scale changes.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10