Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

sketchy feeling like Google sketchup ??!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone i have a question maybe very important
You know architect sometimes like to think in sketchy way or present his/her idea like the sketchy one on the image i attached academic students using it.
how can i do the same in archicad with feeling of edge lines like on the image
and feeling of trees as it is being sketched the same case on persons

i know some will tell me use sketch render but see the image attaced it is not like the lovely one on sketchup if you know special setting please guide me

second if you know setting in render sketch how can i apply it on 3d normally without render

To sum up i want the image u see on sketchup to be the same with one on archicad and if it can be applied on 3d setting without render that will be better

Capture3.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
JaredBanks
Mentor
you could try turning off contours (or changing pens to black) and messing with the materials. If instead of using materials that try to mimic reality, you make them mimic sketchup, that should help.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
I have tried to get a similar sketchup-like effect. Here are some settings I have changed:

The lighting in sketchup is very diffuse compared to ArchiCAD so I have increased the Ambient Light % and Sunlight Contribution to Ambient % up to 100. menu View>3D View Mode> 3D Projection Settings>More Sun and increase the values.

To increases lineweight thickness: menu View>3D View Mode>3D Window Settings; Set lineweight to thick and I usually change the background color to a pale blue. Some people have created a blue and green gradient in a photo or paint program and used that as a background to somewhat simulate the sketchup ground and sky.

You will also want to create a pen set with very thick lineweights that are primarily black if you want the objects to have that bold quality.

HTH
sketchup 3D environment.jpg
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for all those participated JaredBanks , NCornia
i will try and back if there is problem