Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

small drawing question

Anonymous
Not applicable
When using Archicad 9, simply drawing a square slab was easy, just press 'x' or 'y' and type in the length. Now with cad 10, it uses 'h' and 'v' and instead of pressing them on the keyboard to enter their values, I have to use the up and down arrows to move from one to the other. Does anyone know if I can change this so I can just press 'h' and 'v', or more preferably 'x' and 'y'? Maybe in shortcuts? I find the older method easier for me and I don't like having h and v planes... they have always been x and y. Maybe I'm just being fussy, but any help would be appreciated. (or an explanation as to why 'h' and 'v')
3 REPLIES 3
Dwight
Newcomer
Get modern: use the tracker.

When you draw a rectangle slab, the sequence is:

enter first value (this will be "X")

TAB

enter the second value (this will be "Y" )

sllickerthangoosegrease. One less entry step, too.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
How it came to be that I did not think to use that wonderful Tab button is beyond me. Thanks for the simple answer to the stupidly simple question.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You should still be able to use X and Y in the tracker if you want to. Just make sure you check 'Coordinate shortcuts prefer Tracker' in your Tracker settings.

H and V stand for Horizontal and Vertical (you'll notice they only appear with the Rectangular geometry method) and AFAIK there's no way to assign keyboard shortcuts to them.

Graphisoft are trying to appeal to more user's preferences, but most everything should still be able to work like it did.

Cheers,
Link.