Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

special snap in AC10

Anonymous
Not applicable
In v9, there was a handy thing, and I think it was called the special snap tool. If wanted to draw a wall starting half way between point A + point B, i could press 'D' (standard keyboard shortcut), click on point A, click on point B, and then my cursor would snap to half way (or what ever division/percentage etc... i had set in my control box.

Doesn't seem to work in 10? I've tried it the non-keyboard shortcut way using the control box, and all that happens when i click point a + point b is I get a wall running between the two.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
In Menu/Plan/Planassistance (?)/ and there you can find the tool. Sholrt key you can make in option.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Archi wrote:
In Menu/Plan/Planassistance (?)/ and there you can find the tool.
?? Thanks, but I don't have any of these menus? and as I said:
Tom wrote:
I've tried it the non-keyboard shortcut way using the control box, and all that happens when i click point a + point b is I get a wall running between the two.
I know how to find it, it just doesn't work. Clicking on point A and then point B only results in drawing a wall (or whatever) between the points, not begining to draw at the half way mark...
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Special Point Constraint is what it's called and it can be used for any value in the Snap Points Menu, not just halfway. It can be used for the start of an element or the end, depending on when it's activated.

It works fine for me mate. Is the button staying indented when you hit it?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I use the "D" short cut as well. I have downloaded and been using the US upgrade profile for my work environment. For me this has been preferable to fully adapting Graphisofts twisted logic. Why is "modify wall" under design versus edit?? The upgrade profile has "D" as the shortcut as well as many other commonly used shortcuts.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Tom wrote:
In v9, there was a handy thing, and I think it was called the special snap tool. If wanted to draw a wall starting half way between point A + point B, i could press 'D' (standard keyboard shortcut), click on point A, click on point B, and then my cursor would snap to half way (or what ever division/percentage etc... i had set in my control box.

Doesn't seem to work in 10? I've tried it the non-keyboard shortcut way using the control box, and all that happens when i click point a + point b is I get a wall running between the two.
Tom:

I think what you are looking for is called Special Snap Constraint. Go to Work Environment>Shortcut Schemes>Keyboard Shortcuts and set the left pop-up list to "All commands in alphabetical order" then scroll down to Special Snap Constraint. Assign a keyboard shortcut, then select Shortcut Schemes on the left side of the dialog box and Redefine your scheme to save this change.

I agree with Mike Hann that the new version 10 Work Environment was too disorienting, I started with my old 9 Environment and have been adding the new 10 functions as I figure them out.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
Special Point Constraint is what it's called...
Thanks Link - I was getting it confused with special snap points.

Cheers,
Tom