Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

strange elevation problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
why is the furniture appearing when they are inside the building?

wendys problem.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
You seem to be having a lot of problems with your hidden line removal. This seems like it's probably related to your beam priority issue. Perhaps it's video/OpenGL related.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options > Element Attributes>Materials >…Transparency + Elevation settings >Model Display > Uncut Elements > Transparency
Djordje
Ace
WENDY_NEVERLAND wrote:
A stupid question:

Did you check whether your wall material is transparent?

Anyway, in the elevation layer combo, the interior furniture layer should be off.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
WENDY_NEVERLAND wrote:
A stupid question:

Did you check whether your wall material is transparent?

Anyway, in the elevation layer combo, the interior furniture layer should be off.
not so stupid, i thought that transparency might be a problem, but in this case its not.
its strange and i think it has to do with the vectorial shadow. when i turned it on it was ok and after 3-4 times loading the elevation that happended.
i only changed the wall priority-furniture have priority too?
i had a problem with beams and walls and i lowered the wall priority so if the furniture is stronger could this happen?

also if i close the layer there are things in the elevation i need. like trees and people. you think that i should create an exterior furniture layer? is this useful?
thanks a lot for your time
Djordje
Ace
WENDY_NEVERLAND wrote:
also if i close the layer there are things in the elevation i need. like trees and people. you think that i should create an exterior furniture layer? is this useful? thanks a lot for your time
It is very useful.

Everything that should not be seen in elevations, sections, 3D, should be on the layers that are off in the relevant layer combination that is of course a part of your view settings.

Cuts down regeneration time, and scales down the possible problems that might happen.

Now that you have mentioned the sun shadows, that might be the thing. I am having curious happenings in shadowed elevations if the lib parts are on - mostly older ones from the Silver Bullet times ... like cars and trucks.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Barry Kelly
WENDY_NEVERLAND wrote:
I have seen a bug where an object in front of a wall with a hatch pattern assigned to the material will corrupt the display of the hatch pattern.
In particular with round objects such as a sphere.

Because the hatch won't show properly the wall becomes transparent.

Try deleting the man object in front and then regenerate the elevation to see what happens.
Just a hunch.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11