Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

tile roofs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey! we do a lot of tile roofs, in fact most of them are tile. I haven't been able to find a good roof surfacer that represents spanish tiles, vs. the 9.o surfacer that provides a "italian" tile which is probably more roman than italian. Anyway, does anybody know of anything that would be good to use? The roof surfacer does a pretty good job, but in 9.o there is no variation of profiles. Has this changed in 10?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Shae,
Objects on line has at least three itemes that model Spanish/Mission tiles.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Really? I will look again. I only found one, called spanish roof tile maker, and we purchased it, but found that it was limited in it's application. (it was unable to make trapezoidal shapes with differing front angles. Think two rectangular buildings forming a "t" at an acute angle.) Do you have another in mind? I would love to find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Shae,
I just had a look at Objects on line and you are right there
is only one object that models mission tile.
I remember there was one by Duane Valencia but apparently
it has been withdrawn.

Could you use SEO to get the acute cross gable angle you need ?
Peter Devlin
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Using the Spanish Tile library, we have been able to model all pitched roofs correctly. You could even modify the parallel sides (eave/ridge) using SEO. Maybe you could post an image of your roof intersection for comment. See attached for different angled ends with settings.
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been working with the VF-Tile object in AC10. What a bummer, this object is a total pain to use. Why in the world can't GS make a good, efficient roof tile object??? Spanish tile roofs are all over southern California and the world. It seems like this is an issue that should be addressed by GS and not a handfull of GDL programmers working on their spare time.