Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

trim to roof

Anonymous
Not applicable
in AC 15 the way of Trim To Roof does not appear in its typical spot...and when found there does not appear to be a way of trimming above a roof...and below another roof for the same wall.

Recommendations are NEEDED ,
Thanks, Paul
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Trim to Roof has been renamed Crop to Roof in 15... Choose Crop and you have all the familiar options...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the Trim to directions....However, I guess that I am just a bit slow about all this because I do not find a dialogue box that has those directions listed.
Design/Connect/Trim...? but no subsequent trim either or.....?

Thanks, Paul
Karl Ottenstein
Trim is not what you want - it has a completely different function in 15 than earlier versions.

Crop in 15 is the same as the "old" Trim.

If you right-click a wall (e.g.), you'll see amongst the pop-up context menu commands the attached: Crop to Single-plane Roof

If you are using the new multiplane roof, then read about the new Trim commands in the help file and watch the youtube videos... Best done in 3D with the status bar displayed, to show you the steps to perform - you'll select the trimming body (roof) and then be asked to move your mouse over the part to be kept - which will be highlighted as feedback until you click and perform the operation - allows trimming the top or bottom.

Cheers,
Karl
Screen Shot 2012-03-09 at 6.03.19 PM.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB