Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

undo "solid element operations"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Once a wall has been adjusted to a roof using the "solid element operations" command(substraction w/ extrusion, ...), is it possible to reset that wall to his original untrimmed parameters?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can delete the operator (if it's not essential for any other purpose in your model) or use the buttons indicated on image below in SEO dialogue. You may need to expand the "Maintain operations" panel.
Dwight
Newcomer
It is useful to note that trimming a wall to a roof using the SEO - Solid Element Operation is a cumbersome way to trim a wall.

You should know that the command to trim a wall to a roof has existed for a long time, prior to SEO, and can easily be undone from within that particular wall element's dialog box. Select the wall(s) you wish to trim and they will automatically sense the roof above or below..... see attached for starting command.

I think this old way is easier to manage than SEO and doesn't needlessly add to the gross number of SEO's in a file that some users notice can become unreliable.
Dwight Atkinson
TomWaltz
Participant
I like the SEOs for the fact that they are interactive. If you change a roof's pitch, the walls will update. If you use Trim to Roof, you must manually trim the wall again.

I like Trim to Roof for modules because I do not like re-defining the relationship in each place the modules occur.
Tom Waltz