Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

vector fills in elevation

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm still new to AC, and this is probably an easy one.

I want to show tile pattern hatching in a few of my interior elevations (see attached). I did this in exterior elevations by assigning a material with a vector hatch to the model. It doesn't work in my interior elevations, however. I checked everything in view settings, and they seem to match. What am I missing?

Also, is there a better way to do this, in general?

VECTORHATCH.jpg
11 REPLIES 11
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Actually there's a Fit to Zone option that is supposed to work if you have cut your zone down using SEO. Thing is it doesn't work. Neither do a lot of other things with the IE tool, which is why we don't use it at all.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I figured out the missing door, an will post it in case any other newbies like me are lurking. Turns out, you can have a door in a wall on the second floor, but the door element is anchored to the first floor. It still looks normal in plan, but will not be visible in interior elevations. I found it when I was browsing in a 3D window and had my slab (floor) elements turned off.; that makes the problem really obvious. Fixing it was a simple matter of changing the story level of the door (and then I also had to change the base elevation to 0', as changing the story left the door in the same place, and changed its base elevation to -10'.