Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Our Community
Ask questions about this community and the platform.

Cross contamination of languages

Post from language specific forums are shown by the unread discussion function for the international forum. This has been the case since the first language but is becoming an increasingly annoying issue as more languages are added. As noted here - even after the last restructure it lacks an easy and efficient way to keep track of forum activity a part from a bookmarked paged.... So either set up a proper forum or at least keep the languages fully separated.

6 REPLIES 6
mthd
Ace

True we don’t want important wishes getting lost in different forums.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
Barry Kelly

@thesleepofreason wrote:

Post from language specific forums are shown by the unread discussion function for the international forum.

I use an unread post link all of the time.

The only time I see it list other language posts is when I have read all of the unread messages and I try to use it.

Sometimes I will see a blank page, other times I will see a list of all language posts - I am not sure why.

Clicking on the main Graphisoft Community link and then using the unread post link will re-set it to just the INT unread posts.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @thesleepofreason 

Sorry to hear that you see posts in unrelated languages in your unread posts page. Just to help me understand how you end up with those: Do you happen to open the unread discussion page straight from a browser bookmark/favorite by any chance? We've heard reports that in that case the user session scope might be lacking the language category and thus lists posts across all languages. Would help if you could confirm that's the case so we can narrow down the issue. 

Claudius Henrichs
German Community Manager
Leipzig, Germany

Hi Claudius, 

Yes - I´m opening the page from a bookmark in chrome as there isn´t any other way to reach it apart from digging up the old post about it (?). In my opinion this should be put front and center, replacing hot topics on the landing page.

You seem to be on the right track as breadcrumb only says Unread Discussions and not Graphisoft Community (INT) > Unread Discussions and investigating it - it occurs when using the link without having opened any other community page during the browser session.

thesleepofreason_0-1697438209646.png

Thanks for confirming my suspicion. We'll need some further investigation together with our platform provider, but I'm confident we can come up with a solution to show only unread content from the international community.
Meanwhile as a workaround it should help if you just load any page within the international category, even just the front page before opening the unread post page.

Claudius Henrichs
German Community Manager
Leipzig, Germany

@thesleepofreason wrote:

In my opinion this should be put front and center, replacing hot topics on the landing page.

Yes, it would be perfect to have an "Unread" button here.

Seems to be the only one missing.

BarryKelly_0-1697446262274.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions