cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Our Community
Ask questions about this community and the platform.

Transfer of acknowledged wishes to the new wish list

I hope that it is not just the top 100 liked wishes that get transferred to the new wish list but also every wish that has been previously acknowledged by GS and given an wish# - I mean that list should just be sitting there vetted and ready to go 🤔

26 REPLIES 26

Glad to read you like the changes. Regarding the whitespaces, I'm not sure if you're aware of the compact mode (My settings > Preferences > Display > Use compact message layout), but it also reduces the whitespaces more. You might want to give it a try.

Regarding the old Wishes board - to be fair, I started archiving last month, but have some issues with it, that's why you can still see anything there. I issued a support ticket to our vendor, and we will see how quickly they react. If we can resolve the support ticket without archiving items immediately, we'll do that.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

So does that mean that the old wish forum already is archived and not available for users? That would be unfortunate as there were quite a few wishes that didn't get automatically upvoted but still are relevant for voting in the new system.

And yes - the compact mode is a nice addition!

Feel free to make a new wish in the new list.

Just check that it is not already there as you create the wish.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Why would I not feel free to make a new wish in the new list?

As said :

@thesleepofreason wrote:

... could we have the old wishes kept up for a period of time so that good wishes that didn't made the cut can be transferred and put to a vote without having to completely remember and rewrite them?

The old wish list was available for at least a couple of months (3?) for everyone to vote for their favourites.

Those deemed most popular made it through.

The old list has now been archived (it is still there, we just can't see it, not even me).

I think it is pointless having a duplicate of almost the same wishes, and some of those wishes were so old, they were no longer relevant anyway.

I know you want to see the old wishes so you don't have to remember and re-write them.

That shouldn't be a problem though, because if it is a wish that is important to you, you already know about it, which is why I said feel free to make a new wish.

I wasn't trying to be funny when I said that.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
mthd
Ace

The old wishes forum list would have taken a very long time to compile and produce. Probably a full time job to sort that list into what has been considered and implemented and what hasn’t ?

True if we can remember our wishes we can reproduce them but many users might be retired now. So their wishes will get wiped because they are not around to re-state them again.

I wish those at GS could be more thorough at the basic element modeling level so we didn’t need to make those simple wishes time and again.

You don’t need unnecessary development of things that only a minority of users will actually ever need. If GS can focus on the basics then the development roadmap path is much easier to define.

IMHO Archicad is already way too complicated than it needs to be and it is hard to learn and difficult to use. I prefer it over other CAD systems but make it more simple and straightforward to use please and the rest will take care of itself.

AC8.1 - AC28 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Sequoia

So you know that I want to avoid having to remember (not the wish as such but the arguments and any related discussion) and re-write but still you are suggesting exactly that? And now you are muddying the water by talking about the "spring clean" as if I have missed that process and suggesting that I want to duplicate any old wish... 

The bottom line is that users for long has made an effort writing down and discussing aspects of AC that need improvement and expecting/suggesting that to just be redone is disrespectful. Just looking at my personal top wishes I can easily remember three that didn't make it (element manager, more efficient F&S, multiple coordinate systems) but there's a bit more to a wish than a title right?

With the move to the new platform the old polling got removed but we were assured that GS kept the record. Up until the new wishlist we had GS acknowledging certain wishes as entered into a database (naturally reducing the discussion/voting). So not only was that apparently nothing more than empty words but now we, without proper notice, also loose access to content we have created? What would have been the issue with users having concurrent access to the old wishforum and the new wishlist for a period of timing allowing for recuperation of efforts already made?

@mthd wrote:

The old wishes forum list would have taken a very long time to compile and produce. Probably a full time job to sort that list into what has been considered and implemented and what hasn’t ?

That is not what I'm suggesting. The initial question was if old wishes that GS explicitly acknowledged as considered interesting and entered into a database would be transferred to the new wishlist - they weren't. The latest question was if we can keep access to the old wishes so users can manually transfer wishes into the new system - it seems as we can't.

I am just suggesting that GS could sort the old list for all of us and save us much time ? Others put much time and effort into creating wishes on the old forum. That’s up to GS to decide what they want to do with that old list. Looks like it’s all gone for now ?

AC8.1 - AC28 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Sequoia

@thesleepofreason wrote:

The initial question was if old wishes that GS explicitly acknowledged as considered interesting and entered into a database would be transferred to the new wishlist - they weren't.

No they weren't.

All of those wishes where a Graphisoft person tagged it as 'this is a great idea and is entered as wish 1234, or idea 1234' - or however they actually worded it, are already on an internal database that we can't see.

As I understand, they weren't transferred to this new wishlist, but they are still in the 'to do' list.

We still don't get to see that database (and there is no reason why we should) but effectively the new wishes are added to it.

It is just with the new system, we can track the status of the new wishes and eventually they will be linked to the roadmap if they become a feature that needs development, or if simple enough, they will just be done.

If a new wish now gets enough votes in the allotted time (or it is deemed important), it will be upvoted and has to be dealt with by an appropriate person in Graphisoft, who has to decide if it is feasible or not.

We will now get to see the outcome of that process.

And if a wish does not receive enough votes, it will be closed.

But that does not mean you can't make a new (maybe slightly amended) wish to try and get it through again.

Be assured no wishes have been lost.

Whether they (old or new) get acted on is still up to the Graphisoft Gods.

But with the new system, at least with the new wishes, we can track their status.

If you feel something is important to you, please make a new wish.

In the process you will be asked to check similar wishes already in the list.

If it is not there, create the new wish.

If that wish just happens to be an already acknowledged old wish, then it will double up in the database and it will be up to someone in Graphisoft to figure that out.

But at least now, if it gets enough votes from fellow members. it will get upvoted and you know someone in Graphisoft will have to deal with it.

Unfortunately, you can no longer see the old wishes, so you won't be able to copy information from them.

I have been told that is not going to change, so lets just build an new and current wishlist.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!