BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

2172 OS 10.4, stuck in the layer list

I am getting this all the time: in the layer pop-up (in Find & Select for sure, don't remember if anywhere else) when the layer list is taller than the screen and you need to scroll, I can't select any layer, I can't escape the menu, and my only way out is force-quitting.

I thought I had to do with the layer list sliding under the Dock and that somehow messing things up, but I put the Dock on the side and I keep getting it. Anybody else had this?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ignacio - I have had a similar situation switching from ? the office machine to my home laptop and when switching from just the laptop to my 21" Samsung LCD - and found that changing the display resolution down one size and then back fixed the screen so all was contained and visible. Don't know if this is what you are experiencing or not -- hope it helps.

Lew Bishop
PB1.5 1.5GB
AC 9-2172
I tried changing the monitor resolution and didn't change anything --it is an ArchiCAD problem, I can browse the layer list and click on a layer and it will highlight, but the pop-up menu will not close. And the only way out is force-quitting.
There is some set of file/window related circumstancesthat triggers it. A given file will have the problem, and if you open it again and go the layer menu immediately after opening you'll get the problem again. If you do other stuff and come back later to the menu pop-up everything wil be fine. I could not identify what the circumstances are though. I've heard from someone else having the same problem recently (also Mac, also 10.4, also 2172).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ignacio: I have just had the problem again... and I have fixed it with the change in resolution that I spoke of. The condition shows up when changing my work environment from office -2 20" Cinemas to the home set up - PB 15" and Samsung 21.3". The previously set layer list had the lower section cut off because the !@#$thing doesn't resize to the new conditions automatically. To fix - I set the resolution to the highest available with the layer list showing - then resize the list to fit the new conditions. Change the resolution to whatever you want. If you have sized the layer list correctly ( to fit in the new space) you should be good to go - if not do the resolution thing and fix the length of the layer list accordingly.

Lew Bishop
PB 15" OS X latest
AC 9 US 2172
LewBishop wrote:
Ignacio: I have just had the problem again... The condition shows up when changing my work environment …@#$thing doesn't resize to the new conditions automatically.
We are talking about different problems. I am talking about the pop-up layer list you get in Find&Select and Tool Settings. [Not the Layer Settings window, which is the one I infer you are talking about since you are mentioning 'sizing it correctly'].

In my case I have never changed the work environment or monitor, changing the resolution does not fix it, and the problem is not that the list doesn't realise what the screen size is (since it scrolls correctly when you get to the bottom or top) but rather that it will highlight a layer but not 'let go'. You just remain stuck there.
Learn and get certified!