Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Any way to add custom properties to Building Story?

Scraptrash
Booster

I encounter cases that I need to assign custom classifications to building storeys, but in Archicad, building storeys are not elements that can be edited like other building elements.

Is there any way to add custom classifications (and properties too) to building storeys in Archicad?

The only way I find is to add using the IFC project manager, but this is not a neat way to doing it I believe, since that is not the Archicad way to assign classification.

MacBook Pro (16 inch, 2021) Apple M1 Max 64GB macOS Monterey Archicad 26 MBP trackpad Logitech Master MX3
1 REPLY 1
Marc H
Advisor

You might want to give an example or two of the classifications you seek to solicit relevant responses. Offhand, one approach (e.g., for populating schedules with various values) would be to add a zone or object to each story which contains the classification.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors