Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 27 Design Option with hotlink modules - Missing feature?

Gui Lima
Contributor

Hi guys! I'm testing the new feature Design Options on new Archicad 27 and seems like missing a setting to control the design option inside hotlink setting I would like to see by "View Setting".

For example, in source file I have two options for a bathroom, before archicad 27 I used revovation filter to "separate" the options and control what I want to see by View Settings Dialog.

In Archicad 27 it is possible to do the same thing with more advantages using the new design option feature. But only works with "non-module" floor. On module floor it is only possible to choose 1 option in Hotlink Setting Dialog.

I think the feature philosophy is after the client approves one option, another should be deleted. But imagine this scenario:

I working in a project for a builder, and this builder will sell apartments that I designed. The builder wishes to offer apartment options for their client and I need to deliver 2 or 3 floor plans options for the same apartment.

With renovation filter we can easily change the renovation status to "Option 1" and all  apartments typology in a project will reflect this option (for example pulling out one bedroom and expand living room).

I found this link in Archicad Help site

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/27/INT/index.htm#t=_AC27_Help%2F071_DesignOptions%2F071_DesignOptions...
and they say

Once the hotlink is placed in the host file, you still have access to all the options in the source module. You can change the module’s Option content at any time.

For example:

1.Place a module in the host file, using Combination A from the source file.

2.In the host file, make a copy of the placed module.

3.Select the second copy of the module.

4.In Hotlink Selection Settings, change the module’s Option Combination.

This way, you have two instances of the same module side by side, each displaying a different Option Combination.

So I need to duplicate and entire floor? Seems like not a "BIM way" if I want to extract quantities even export one IFC for each option.

So, is not possible to control  options inside a hotlink by view settings, or not possible yet?

It seems to me that this window asks for a button "Controlled by View Settings".

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Hey, @Karl Ottenstein, I see what you mean, I've read that many many times.
Yet, what I meant, the interaface should describe "Select Combination", and not "Option". Because you can select multiple combinations but not multiple individual options nested inside combinations. That's a misleading typo.

What I meant to do is actually something else. I've managed to keep options A,B,C,D,E inside a module.

Options A, B, C, D, E can be turned on and off through View settings. That's awesome. Unless it's something nested in a module.

The point is, once you let the module bring them all ON, you can not ever turn any of it Off through the view, to show at a presentation or make quick studies. You have to instance the full module and place it inside an option in fact. Meaning that I have to have Modules, A , B, C, D, E separately, simple because I can't bring it all through the the module and them switch it on or off back and forth. 

If I create option F inside the module, I have to put a new instance with the hotlink itself Set each placed module to F, everywhere it's needed.

From what it would make sense, I should just add the F option INSIDE the module and them it'd be populated throughout the model, that way I could tweak the individual ones or use a model view to turn it on and off, much like renovation, layers... 

Archicad User Since 2013
GDL Developer
Experimenting with API
from Brazil