Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Connect zone property to file / project name

ind
Participant

Hello!

I am trying to create a property for zones where it will automatically show the file name (or project) it belongs. Any help about this?
It will be needed in a project where different floor plan types (.mod files) are combined in different building blocks in a central file, where they will have hotlink ID based on the building block they belong, not the .mod file they came from.

Thank you in advance.

AC25-AC27 US Edition; WIN11 PRO ENG
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Could you elaborate this a bit more?

Could you give a concrete example of what you would like to achieve (name of property, its desired value, name of file, name of module, where you want the data displayed, etc.)?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Thank you for replying.
A central file contains are several flat towers (numbered 1, 2, 3, etc..) which in turn are made up of different floor plan schemes (hotlinked .mod files), which are repeated at different towers on different levels.

These .mod files, (each codenamed like A00, B00, C01, etc.) contain apartments (zones) where the type of apartment data is assigned (Space Function).
In a single schedule in the central file, I need to have the following information for the apartments (zones):

• apartment type;
  • floor scheme to which it belongs (A00, B00, C01, ...);
  • tower (building 1, 2, 3,...) to which it belongs (now I am using the Hotlink Master ID for that data)

Now, as the floor plan schemes are subject to frequent revisions, thus change of type, sometimes merger or removal - which is reflected in their file name (A00, B00, C01, ...), I would like to have this process automatized.
Now I am writing manually the plan scheme type / file name in zone's Element ID, but this can be prone to errors with so many floor types.

AC25-AC27 US Edition; WIN11 PRO ENG
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I do not see any way for a Property to extract the file name the element is located in. There is no such expression for properties.

I don't know if this could be achieved by other means, like using Python. Maybe someone experienced in that area can chime in.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27