Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Schedule object . RoofMaker object

Ilijatadic
Booster

GRAĐA KROVNA.jpgHelp

Eaves Purlin RM 26, Purlin RM 26, In the 2d projection, the dimension is not correct. It shows 0.5 of the actual value.

Purlin 26, It shows exactly

What's the problem. I work in AC 26

14 REPLIES 14
Barry Kelly

Are they all horizontal?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Ilijatadic
Booster

That they are all horizontal, I also tested it on AC 25, the same problem, I think the problem is in the GDL object. They gave themselves to those two elements and it happens with you

I can confirm the 2D preview of those "RM" objects is incorrect.

I can't see why though.

The "RM" (Roof Maker" objects are different to the standard roof timbers in the library.

They have the ability to be angled, the standard object does not.

If you do have the "RM' pulins on an angle, you will also want the 'Structural Length' and not the 'Horizontal Length'.

The standard purlin does not have a structural length parameter (it is always horizontal so just length is fine).

I don't have any idea why the 2D preview of the RM objects is wrong.

I would report this to your local support to see what they say.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Thank you for your reply.  I reported to local technical support.  They don't know the answer, they say it happens to them too.  I thought there would be someone here who had more ideas.  I think it's an element error, in the 2d script.  I tested all the other elements and they show well.  Thanks again

Ilijatadic
Booster

Eaves Purlin RM 26, Purlin RM 26, In the 2d projection, the dimension is not correct. It shows 0.5 of the actual value.

Purlin 26, It shows exactly

What's the problem. I work in AC 26. Note: The elements are horizontal. Is there a problem in the 2d script or something else. If there is someone who knows how to do GDL, I would like to help. I use AC 26, but I tried the same elements in AC 25 and the problem is the same in AC 25

GRAĐA KROVNA.jpg

I think the 2D script is fine, otherwise the objects would appear incorrect when placed in plan.

It is the 2D preview in the schedule that is wrong.

Seems to me it thinks the object is on a 45° angle when it is not.

If you do adjust the angle of the object, it seems to make no difference the the 2D view in the schedule (if I remember correctly).

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

You are right, adjusting the angle does not solve the problem. It is interesting that only those two objects have this problem. Everyone else doesn't. Have you tried the same on your computer with those two objects, I contacted the local customer service and the same thing is happening to them. In any case, thanks for the thoughts and suggestions.

Hi,

it has an evil bit of code in the 2d Script

AllanP_0-1678769440066.png

AllanP_1-1678769563772.png

that will make it display at half the length int the List/Schedule, and then the auto dimensions will dimension it a half the length.

the library needs to be fixed if you want it to be dimensioned in the schedule.

It is the same in the AUS version of the Library.

I have been using ArchiCAD continually since ArchiCAD 4.5, 4.5.5, 5, 5.1, 6, 6.5, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18, 21, 22, 25, now testing 27
Member of Architalk since 2003, but missed the migration to Graphisoft.
(where have all my original posts gone?)

Well spotted.

Why did they add code to make it show as half the length?

I can't think of any practical reason for it.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27