Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Default Layer combinations

Ivan Myers
Booster
Ok so I have another question that I'm sure has a simple answer.
I'm working on creating my own project template and when I open an new project using my template the Project Map Story views keep defaulting back to HVAC layer combination. This is really frustrating as every time I switch to another view and then back its back on HVAC layer combo. What am I missing? In the View Map you can set the view properties to a certain layer combination, where do you do the same thing in the Project Map?

Thanks
Designer/ Drafter

ArchiCAD 26 on 27" Mac
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
The project map is completely manual for its settings.
I have the 'Quick Options' palette open so I can easily change the layer combination, scale, pen set, Model View Options, etc., when ever I need to.
Although now in version 20 the quick options can now all be found on the bottom of the active window so you don't need the separate palette open.

Or I make sure I have a view set up for what is required (which generally you need so you can place the view as a drawing on a layout) and then I use the View Map list to open the view I want.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
When you get things set the way you want in the PROJECT map, you save a view to the VIEW map. The View Map will remember settings, the Project Map will not.

If you are switching views using the tabs, then a single click is like using the Project Map, where things don't change much. (e.g. you can change floors, but everything else will be set the same as the prior tab.) You need to double-click on the tab to get it to behave like the View Map.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Ivan Myers
Booster
Thanks for the info guys, I wasn't missing anything after all then. I'll just switch over to the View Map to work in and use the Project Map to set those view up.
Thanks
Ivan
Designer/ Drafter

ArchiCAD 26 on 27" Mac

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!