BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Duplicated Library Parts in Embedded Library - Template

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

After updating our ArchiCAD 18 template file to ArchiCAD 20, and cleaning up all missing objects and textures, after a few open and closes I end up with some duplicated library parts popping up out of nowhere. I can delete them but they will return.

Any idea how to prevent this from happening?

Capture.PNG
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Do you have Hotlinked Modules placed in your file? I think a Hotlinked Module can bring in its own Embedded library.
If you go to the Library Manager, under Embedded library, is there any info about where those files are coming from?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Do you have Hotlinked Modules placed in your file? I think a Hotlinked Module can bring in its own Embedded library.
If you go to the Library Manager, under Embedded library, is there any info about where those files are coming from?
Hi Lasz,

There aren't any hotlinked modules in the file, the image below indicates that there arent even any instance of these objects placed.
2raarchitecture
Booster

Following up with this topic. I came across the same problem...

2RA Building Workshop
www.2rabldgworkshop.com

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz. 16.0 GB. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU.
ArchiCAD 25. 5002 USA Full

@2raarchitecture 

Hi.. you are replying to a 5 year old (considered dead) topic.  Please start a new topic with screenshot of what you are experiencing. 🙂 Your signature shows AC 25 build 4013, if you have updated to the current build 5005, please update your signature too 🙂

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Karl, thank you kindly for your reply

2RA Building Workshop
www.2rabldgworkshop.com

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz. 16.0 GB. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU.
ArchiCAD 25. 5002 USA Full
Learn and get certified!