BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Hotlinking and renovation filters

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have a question regarding hot-linking and renovation filters.

I have two models:
- model A, this is my main model, where I model everything and which I use for publishing my floorplans, sections, etc
- model B, this is my render model, it contains model A hotlinked and adds a lot of heavy 3D geometry files for the very specific furniture and trees needed for the renders which I have to make

I chose this setup as doing everything in model A slowed down my workflow a lot. The file got heavy, took long to load, ...

I now run into the following issue: model A has 3 renovation filters which each contain a different option of the facade. When hotlinking model A in model B, model B did not receive these renovation filters, so I can not set which renovation filter of the hotlink I want to see in model B.

Does anybody know a way to make model B have the option to set the renovation filter of the hotlinked model A?

Best,
Vincent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Hello JDSV,

You have to open the "Filter option renovation" then export your renovation filter(s) and then import it(s) into your other project.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Hello JDSV,

You have to open the "Filter option renovation" then export your renovation filter(s) and then import it(s) into your other project.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Christophe wrote:
Hello JDSV,

Hi Christophe,

This did the job! Thanks for your fast reply
Learn and get certified!