Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Pen Standards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just wondering what pen colour standards people are using in their offices for documentation. It is easy to find standard pens using a black background, i guess from autocad, but i cannot find any info on the internet what other people are using for white backgrounds?
40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems like a lot of you have these great looking pen tables, with the color, thickness, etc...... Have you all created these totally from scratch or is there a way to get AC to display/print a color coded pen table for a current project showing the pen information? I know you can export from attribute manager, but not color coded???
Anonymous
Not applicable
The Period Table of Pens was built from scratch. The color coding is easy because you just create fills useing the correct pen and when you update those pen table the colors on the diagram update automatically. What would be great is if you could read the thickness and description. I typed mine in but maybe someone knows a way.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just pasted jpg image of the pen table onto a plan, and used typical AC tools to annotate it. Quick, but no where near as cool as others shown here.
Andy Thomson
Advisor
ML - Care to share your secret weapon? It seems most people here could use such a power shortcut (to display pentable info graphically) - or would you prefer that GS purchase it from you as a standard inclusion in the AC11 lib??
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
TomWaltz
Participant
I had this little do-dad that might help:
Tom Waltz
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Does it do lineweights and pen #'s too like ML's object? I think I have this thing too, but am using ML's stuff currently.
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
TomWaltz
Participant
no, it's basically just a duplicate of the fly-out
Picture 1.png
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is the object i use, outputs pen colour, index, line weight (graphically), and rgb value. Unfortunately there is no means to output the line weight in textual from, hopefully graphisoft might provide this soon?

I will put this in the object depository aswell.

I should add it has been setup for 1:50 scale but you can change the parameters to get it to work in a different scale
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think is a good Idea to leave the first row of pens as it is.
(Factory settings) In release 10 I noticed theres a description of what are these pens are used for.(door, windows, door swings etc) In order for the library parts to be printed correctly, I think these pens should be left alone. If not youll have to open the library parts and change the color of its components to suit your standards, a tedious job.
Anonymous
Not applicable
jocontreras wrote:
...have to open the library parts and change the color of its components to suit your standards, a tedious job.
Better yet, setup favourites for all your objects that way all the pens, fills, linetypes are exactly how you want them. Although this is probably better suited to a medium to large office where the time can be spent to do this.