Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

What are the 'core' attribute numbers in AC13?

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are trying to revamp our office template as our entire office gradually moves into AC13 for the entire scope of projects, SD right through to CA. So it's time we streamlined our file template and customized some of attribute types to better suit our needs.

How can I get a comprehensive list of all 'compulsory' or 'core' attribute numbers of lines/fills/materials, etc., that should never be modified and/or removed?

Also are there additional attributes that should not be modified if you use Door-Window Builder or other add-ons (or would that even matter)? Do these numbers ever change between versions of Archicad (could our template cause problems when we move into v14)?
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
emerich wrote:
How can I get a comprehensive list of all 'compulsory' or 'core' attribute numbers of lines/fills/materials, etc., that should never be modified and/or removed?
Start your template with the AC13 default template. This will give you all the standards attributes numerically. Then review the custom attributes you have made over the years and add the ones you regularly use.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
We've amassed quite a lot of our own attributes - fills and materials in particular. There are also several we simply never use. If we only add to the default/standard attributes, the list becomes cumbersome to work with.

So we would still like to know these core numbers to avoid any unnecessary pitfalls. Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The core numbers Attributes that should not be changed:
Pen 91 = default white background for library parts
Solid Fill (ID #64)
Empty Fill (ID #65)
From Memory these fills are used in stairmaker base coding using ID numbers, and shouldn't be changed, makes a mess of your drawings.
Solid line (ID #1)
can't remember anymore off the top of my head, but they always pop up at the wrong time.