BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Zones? - Why can't I display as a rounded up figure? (see image)

rob2218
Enthusiast
I've tried all the "Options...etc" settings.. and can't get my Zones to read in rounded up numbers...AC22? Why?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
7 REPLIES 7
poco2013
Mentor
TRY:

OPTIONS/PROJECT PREFERENCES/DIMENSIONS/AREA CALCULATIONS (last icon)

Set decimals to zero
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
rob2218
Enthusiast
Wow!...that did it.
Why so complicated to find these nano-changes in the settings?

Thanks a HEAP!
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Barry Kelly
I think it depends on the zone stamp being used as to what affects the rounding of area.
The stamp is a GDL object so it may be scripted with its own rounding settings or may be set to use the calculation options.
It may even allow you to choose what option is used to set the rounding (if any) or it may be hard coded into the script an not allow you any choice.

For example I have a zone stamp that does not use the calculation options and does not allow the precision to be set any other way either.
That is fine as I am happy with what it displays.

Another option that I think I may have mentioned in another post somewhere is to use expressions in properties.
This way you can set up a property that calculates the area in any format, precision, unit of measurement that you want.
The thing is, the zone stamp will have to be scripted to allow for properties to be displayed if you want to see them on the plan.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
rob2218
Enthusiast
hubboy..."scripting"...of a zone stamp that should easily be adjusted in terms of tolerance settings....hubboy.
well, I must be using some zone object that allowed me to do what the fellow suggested in the "Options" adjustment cause it came out to be whole numbers.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Barry Kelly
rob2218 wrote:
I must be using some zone object that allowed me to do what the fellow suggested in the "Options" adjustment cause it came out to be whole numbers.

Just be aware it will affect ALL calculations.
So if you are scheduling roof area for example, it will also be rounded.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
poco2013
Mentor
I believe that schedules use 'Calculation units and Rules' which is different than the dimension area used by the zone stamp label.

This is exactly the confusion that presently exists in Archicad, where by different objects use different units settings.
I am not arguing the merits of this but only that the different units settings should be clearly defined as "what is applied to what"
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
Barry Kelly
Sorry I read 'Dimensions/Area Calculations' as 'Calculation Area'.
That would explain too why my zone stamp doesn't use the calculation area - it uses the dimension area.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Learn and get certified!