Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

display Zone Reference Point

David Bearss
Booster
Coming back to an older project for some revisions. Looking to update my zones and none of the zone reference points are visible. Could somebody nudge me to remember how these get turned on or off?
regards,
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi David,

A Zone Reference Point will only be visible if the zones have been placed using an automatic recognition method (Inner Edge/Reference Line)

If there is no Zone Reference Point visible then the Zone may have been drawn manually.

You can double check how the zones have been drawn by using the Update Zones command, if you see the icon as per the attached image then the zones will have been drawn manually.

If the zones have been drawn manually, you can simply select them and flip them to the Inner Edge/Reference Line geometry methods and this will show the Reference Point. (That's if however the zones are bounded correctly)

Kind regards,

Marcus
David Bearss
Booster
That was it.
Funny what one forgets after being away from a project for a while.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
Dumb question: what does a zone reference point do? does it simply anchor an automatic recognition zone inside a given space? does it possess any 'magical' properties?
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.6
David Bearss
Booster
Yup pretty much.
from ArchiCAD help;
This point is used as the starting point of boundary recognition for subsequent updating actions.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram