BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3d View modes- Wireframe vs. Textured.....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.
First not sure if this is the right place, but it seems very basic.

I recently installed a company standard and in so doing lost my default 3d textured view defaults. I've dug around but don't know where to find the setting to change the "Explore Model" and have it display the TEXTURES... currently I can do "wireframe" or some other options, such as simple colored shades for materials- but no longer do I get the textures I actively assign unless I do a render. This happened in Ac11 (mine) and Ac10 (theirs)....

So where do I find that setting to switch things back to run with the textures on in the 3d window? I did a search but didn't find what I needed- seems too basic a question perhaps....

Thank in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
JP-Design:

Go to 3D Window Settings, change the engine to OpenGL, click the Options... button and check Textures.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the help.

Some textures display, and some do not. Right now I can see the wood textures, but not the stones on a company made as-built house. Where would I look for the missing textures? Again, they were working before. these are the default textures from what I've seen- I mean they were there when I did a fresh install, but now they're not. I'm fairly familiar with software and OS's just I'm not sure what to tinker with... the AC10 library? I'll try re-DL'ing as well here in a bit...
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
JP-Design:

The textures need to be in a loaded library to be used in the project file. They are assigned to materials in the Material Settings dialog box, for the Internal Engine, under the Texture pane.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks again- that did it, so far!

I've been trying to get my sig to show up for the last 12 hours- no go. I am assuming it is due to a server refresh system and it will eventually get around to showing it. There is no indication in my profile editing of any problem with my signature or any settings.... Eventually it will be displayed.
Thomas Holm
Booster
JP-Design wrote:
I've been trying to get my sig to show up for the last 12 hours- .
it's the auto-censorship function. It has to go and look up all the abbreviations, and that takes a lot of time with such a wealth in the sig...
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!