Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC MoviePlayer problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm new to AC10 (on AC 8.1 for years) and new to the Mac world. I'm trying to do the AC10 Training Guide, but the Add-On Manager says my movie player is outdated. I just downloaded it! I know technology changes quickly nowadays, but this is ridiculous. Any help out there?
5 REPLIES 5
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Sounds like you might be using the PowerPC version of the Movie Player plugin, instead of the Intel one.
The latest download has both:
http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/ac10/ITG/download_us.html
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bingo! That was it. Thanks for the help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I HAD the same problem on the Intel Mac. Now I'm trying to get it to work on my Windows XP laptop but the player is not finding the path. Is there a way to redirect the path to the movie?

Tx,

Doug
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
As far as i know, the movie player doesn't use paths.
When you open one of the PLA files, the movie player addon looks for movies in the same folder, and with the same name. It then plays them on order based on the number at the end of the filename.
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Anonymous
Not applicable
Got to ask the obvious. Do you have the WXP version on the laptop? The link supplied by Henry(is it?) has both. I suppose you would have to, if it installed, but does the movie player use the QuickTime program Windows users are forced to have?