Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC22 model and layer display issues

lagodue
Newcomer
Is anyone else experiencing model and layer display issues? I have layers that are ON, MVO and filters are DISPLAY ALL, and some 2D and 3D layers do not appear. But they DO appear in plans and sections - sometimes.
I have even put the problem layers on the Archicad Layer as a test, and they still do not appear.
Any help appreciated.
"Bob" - Church of the Sub-Genius
Graphisoft afficionado since 1993
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
lagodue wrote:
I have even put the problem layers on the Archicad Layer as a test, and they still do not appear.
If you mean that you have moved elements to the Archicad layer then it can't be a layer issue.
It is probably different renovation filters being used in the different views.
I don't think it has anything to do with graphical overrides, as they can only change the appearance of an element, not hide it completely.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
lagodue
Newcomer
I have set Renovation Filters to new construction and SHOW ALL for the problem layers. Even on the Archicad layer they are not appearing in the 3D view, as well as intermittently on plans. For some reason they don't mind showing up in sections!
lagodue
Newcomer
OK let me try another question: when I start a new project with all work NEW, do I have to set the renovation filter in any particular way? Seems to me the default should be ALL NEW WORK.

Thx
Barry Kelly
I just had another thought.
There is a 'filter elements in 3D' dialogue where you can hide certain element types so they don't appear in 3D.
maybe check these settings and make sure they are all turned on.

You can also filter entire storeys from 3D here as well.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Barry Kelly
lagodue wrote:
OK let me try another question: when I start a new project with all work NEW, do I have to set the renovation filter in any particular way? Seems to me the default should be ALL NEW WORK.

Thx
If you are placing 'New' elements then so long as the active renovation filter is set to either show or override new elements, then you should be able to see them.
I tend to always use the 'Show All' filter if I am not doing anything involving renovations.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27