BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 3d problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having problems with my 3d displaying. As i click it, closes down the archicad. What can I do to fix this

Additional Info:
When I open up a project i previously did, it says i am missing some add-ons and list two
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable
People might need more information to respond - like, Archicad version, Graphics card, is this something that has just started happening, or a new installation of AC?
Anonymous
Not applicable
it is ArchiCad 12, the problem started since I installed the software.
Anonymous
Not applicable
did u press zoom all? because sometimes the 3d window may pan to somewhere else
Anonymous
Not applicable
Its may be an OpenGL driver issue.

To test, do this: go to "3d Windows Settings" menu and change 3d Engine to "Internal Engine". Open a 3d window and if it doesn't crash then you may need to do update your graphics card driver (sometimes you may even have to go to an earlier version), check that the card is supported by Archicad and lastly turn down graphics card acceleration if the card is not fully compatible.

More info:

www.archicadwiki.com/Display%20Changes%20in%20ArchiCAD%2012?highlight=(OpenGL)

If all this fails just use the "Internal Engine"
Anonymous
Not applicable
the missing add-ons cadimage revision manager and cadimage update all
Anonymous
Not applicable
how do i update my graphics card driver, it worked with the adjustment that you suggested to me.
Anonymous
Not applicable
owoseni.f wrote:
how do i update my graphics card driver, it worked with the adjustment that you suggested to me.
go to the official site of your video card
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much, problem solved
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having a similar problem. My model is fine in 2d, but when I switch to a 3d view, nothing is visible. All the items are there, if I select all, they all highlight, but nothing displays in 3d. I've tried all my 3d views, none work. The model was working up until a few days ago, and now I cannot see any objects in 3d view. If I render them with Lightworks, they are there, and visible, but will not display in OpenGL. Help!

I'm using a OSX Leopard, Archicad 11, fully updated.

I've attached a quick screenshot.
Learn and get certified!