Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

BimCloud different country code error when installing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone seen/solved this error when trying to install 20 or 21 BimServer or BimCloud?

Our reseller says I should just uninstall BS and their probably right, but I fear the new BS/BC installation will not pick up the previous data and I'll have to restore everything from backups.

The current BS version is 19 (9001) FIN. I've tried upgrading it to BS 20 and 21 INT as well as BC 20 and 21 INT but always with that same error. BS 20 FIN installer doesn't give the error, but unfortunately there is no BC 20 or 21 for FIN (and never will, since localizations are all included in the same version now - which is how it should have always been).
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
To answer my own question - yes, you have to completely uninstall the previous BIMserver installation if you want to change the language code. I don't know why, but that's how it is.

And yes, uninstalling COMPLETELY NUKES ALL YOUR PROJECTS AND DATA (sorry for caps, bu I cannot stress this enough). The installer will show a warning, but the path in the warning is THE DEFAULT PATH for project databases, NOT necessarily the one it will nuke. Uninstalling completely erased all our projects from a dedicated SSD drive. Luckily, we had backups.
Mate Marozsan
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Filipp,

Thank you for your feedback! Sorry for the inconveniences. Yes it is not possible to change language code.

I reproduced the uninstall problem you mentioned. It seems it is a bug. Thank you for your report. It is forwarded to the developement. It will be fixed as soon as possible.

Kind regards, Máté Marozsán (Technical Support Graphisoft)